Individual critiques to enhance your quality of work and define a business strategy
No matter your level, critiques are vital in recognizing where you may be able to improve your photography, increase market penetration, and broaden your client base.
What we do:
- Touch on professional business practices and develop your 'toolkit' for approaching curators, publishers, and buyers.
- Maximize your presence in competitions and portfolio reviews including preparation, design, and material and image selection.
- Edit your submissions.
- Inspire you to stay hungry in your pursuit of photographic excellence.
What we do not do:
- Make direct introductions with arts professionals
- Act on your behalf as an agent or representative
- Guarantee exhibitions
Here at the Joseph Saxton Gallery of Photography we are regularly asked to review works for artists and to consider their portfolio for exhibition. We are happy to offer consultations for the photographic community. Photographers are able to meet with the manager, on an individual basis, to discuss your work's strengths and weaknesses and to develop and polish your portfolio as a means to making it more attractive to potential clients and editors.
Photographers are encouraged to bring 25-50 of their strongest images, with at least half of them in print format, allowing at least an hour for the review process. During our hour together, we will discuss your work, and suggest ways to optimize your talent.
Although it's always preferable to see your work in person, we understand that not everyone lives in the Canton area. No problem! We are here to meet your needs. Please mail a disc or e-mail your portfolio to the Gallery, in care of Maria Hadjian, and I can transcribe notes for you or set up a call to go over your work. Please be sure to phone ahead, before sending a disc or submitting your portfoliio by e-mail.
I am in the office Wednesday through Friday for appointments. You may reach Maria Hadjian at (330) 438-0030 or at Maria@JosephSaxton.com.